These are our absolute faves at the B&G Kitchen. The perfect multi-tasker, these boost bars get you ready for any scenario. Got a beach holiday coming up? Looking for a natural exfoliating scrub? Want that boost in the morning? Say Aloha to our coconut and coffee boost bars that you can blend and use on the go.
125g ground coffee
125g coconut oil
10 drops grapefruit oil (optional: before you add check out our b&g kitchen guide here)
Makes: 6 bars
How long it lasts: Lasts up to 1 month in an airtight container
Time it takes to blend & glow: 15 minutes
How to blend & glow:
1. Melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie
2. Mix coffee grounds and coconut oil, stir well
3. Pour mixture into ice cube tray or muffin tin
4. Place in the freezer until cubes are hardened. Pop your cubes out and store in an airtight container in the fridge
5. Several hours before using, take a cube out and let it soften to room temperature
Twists you should try:
Try different shape trays – hearts are super cute. Try adding different essential oil blends but make sure you only use the number of drops in the recipe. To create a two tone effect to your bars – add half the coconut oil in first and place in the fridge/freezer until cooled. Once solid, mix the remaining coconut oil and coffee and pour on top before placing back into the fridge/freezer.
Top tips for blend yourself beauty success:
Best applied in the shower. Use a tub stopper in your shower while using this scrub, as it can get messy and we don’t want any blocked drains.